Frequently Asked Questions
Hendrickson and Rose welcomes your comments and questions; however, due to the amount of inquiries, we’ve developed this “FAQ” page to answer common questions. Please read this section for information and directions to contact us.
Authors and Books
- I have questions about an author/how do I contact an author?
For security reasons, Hendrickson Publishing Group doesn’t release residential or e‑mail information. You may, however, forward your author messages to:[Author Name]c/o Author Relations CoordinatorTyndale House Publishers351 Executive Dr.Carol Stream, IL 60188
- How do I submit a manuscript?
Thank you for your interest in publishing with us! Hendrickson Publishing Group is committed to the publication of outstanding books for Christians, the church, and the academy, and we are honored by the many writers who approach us with their book ideas. At this time, however, we cannot accept unsolicited manuscripts or book proposals except through one of the two following avenues:
- Materials sent to our editorial staff through a professional literary agent will be considered.
- Our staff would be happy to discuss book ideas at the various conferences we attend throughout the year.
Please do not submit manuscripts, including electronic files, for consideration as we will not be able to review or return them. Thank you for respecting our policy.
Please also consider the site below for resources and services regarding manuscript review and submission.
Christian Manuscript Submissions - www.christianmanuscriptsubmissions.com
This site is an online manuscript submission service for:
- Authors wanting to present their own book proposals to the leading Christian publishers in the industry.
- Christian publishers and agents looking for a manageable way to find good authors and great books to publish.
- Where can I find an out‑of‑print book
Hendrickson Publishers does not keep out‑of‑print books. Once a book reaches out‑of‑print status, it is removed from our database and the books are donated to charities, mission groups, etc. A good resource to help you find an out‑of‑print book is www.bibliofind.com.
Click here to use our store locator.
- I found a typographical/printing error. Who should I contact?
- Please contact our customer service department at (855) 277‑9400 or use the form on the contact page.
- Who should I contact about defective products?
- Please contact our customer service department for assistance in replacing defective products by sending us an inquiry.
- May I obtain donations from Hendrickson and Rose?
Hendrickson and Rose receives hundreds of requests for donation of free product. Instead of responding to individual requests, we have chosen to channel excess product to a few select organizations and ministries. We ask that you seek local support or local community help. Here are some other source suggestions that may be able to help:
- Your local bookstore will often give you a discount on certain products when used for a specific ministry effort.
- International Bible Society www.IBSdirect.com is a great, cost‑effective source for books and Bibles.
- You may find a local non-profit organization that has an established ministry account with Tyndale that you could work through.
We pray that your efforts will find support from people in your community.
- Is Hendrickson and Rose Hiring?
- Hendrickson and Rose has a complete listing of all the open positions; to see this list click here.
- How do I obtain permissions to quote from your materials?
- Please click here to learn more about our permission guidelines.
- How fast can you ship my order?
- All orders are processed within 2-3 business days, shipping time will vary based on your location. Generally, orders ship with the Unites States Postal Service and will arrive within 7-10 business days after shipment. Shipping to Alaska or Hawaii may take longer.
- How much will I pay for shipping and handling?
- For US States & territories, shipping and handling costs on all web orders begin at $6.00 and increase by weight. Orders over $50 net will receive free shipping via USPS Media Mail.
- Where can I buy a book or Bible in a foreign language?
Hendrickson and Rose only stocks products in English and Spanish. Books in foreign languages should normally be purchased from Christian bookstores in that country.
If a book you are searching for is not available on this site in Spanish, you may also contact Spanish House at: (800) 767‑7726 and ask if they publish the title in Spanish.
Some books in other languages may be ordered online from Multi Language Media at: Multi Language Media (phone number 717‑738‑0582) and at: nofrontiers.com. Some titles in French may be ordered from Emmanuel Bookstore at: (617) 423‑1979.
To buy any type of Bible in another language, please contact: American Bible Society in New York, (212) 408‑1200, or the International Bible Society, toll-free (800) 524‑1588, fax (719) 738‑0582 and on the internet at: gospelcom.net.
If you would like to order 200 or more copies of a single title (in one language), please send us an inquiry and we will do our best to connect you with one of our international publishing partners.
- Can I place an order on this site from outside of the continental United States?
We currently send online orders to all 50 US States, APO Boxes, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
We do ship international business orders all over the world. If you are a business located outside of the United States, please contact our international department at email@example.com. If you are interested in Spanish language products, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What should I do if I need to return a product?
Please contact Customer Service department regarding any issues with your order. You may contact us at email@example.com or by calling direct (855) 277‑9400 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (Central), Monday thru Friday.
Returns must be received within 30 days of the date the original order shipped. Shipping costs are not refunded except in cases where we made the shipping error.
Returns are processed within 5‑7 business days of the package receipt at our Fulfillment Center and funds will be reimbursed according to the original payment.
Product returns may be sent to (please include your original packing list):Tyndale House Publishers351 Executive DriveCarol Stream, IL 60188Attn: Returns
- What forms of payment do you accept on your website?
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- Bulk Discounts
Bulk Discounts are available as follows through hendricksonrose.com:
- 10 ‑ 49 units* = 20% discount
- 50 ‑ 99 units* = 25% discount
- 100-499 units* = 35% discount
- 500 or more units* = 40% discount
Bulk discounts do not apply to pamphlets, PowerPoints®, or wall charts.
*Bulk discounts apply to quantities of one title. Mixed title quantities do not qualify for bulk discounts.
Net orders over $50 will receive free freight.
- Tax Exempt Orders
- New Customers can apply for tax exempt status during sign-up by selecting the “I’m purchasing for a tax-exempt organization” button and filling in the fields and uploading a copy of their tax exempt documentation. Existing Customers will log-in to their account and within the My Account section select the “I’m purchasing for a tax-exempt organization” button and fill in the fields and upload their tax exempt documentation. Your first order will be tax exempt. You will receive notification of approval status for future orders. For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I obtain a catalog/quantity pricing information?
- Please submit catalog and pricing inquiries by sending us an inquiry.
- Will my order arrive in time for Christmas?
- Last day for economy (free freight) is December 2.
- Last day for standard shipping (UPS) is December 9.
- Last day for expedited shipping is December 16.
- Last day for rush shipping is December 20.
- Can I return an e-book, audio book, streaming product or digital download for a refund?
- No, these products are non-returnable and are not eligible for a refund.
Placing an Order
- Can I place my order by phone, fax, or mail?
Absolutely! We understand some folks are still a little nervous about ordering online. With that in mind, we have made a variety of ordering options available to our customers. You can order any of the products you find online by phone, mail, or fax. We will be happy to process your order just as quickly as we'd process an online order.
- What if I have an out-of-stock item in my order?
You can always see if an item is in stock on our product detail pages, in the availability section, listed below the item's price. For an item that has yet to be released or is not in stock, we will show an estimated date that the item will be back in stock. If you chose to order an item that is not currently in stock, we will ship all the items in your order that are available immediately and we will ship the backordered items as soon as they become available. Your credit card will not be charged for your backordered items until they leave our warehouse. We will not charge extra if parts of your order ship separately. In addition, if you decide that you do not want an item before it is shipped, you can cancel your order without being charged.
Please note: If UPS Ground, UPS 2nd Day Air, UPS Next Day Air, or Priority Mail Shipping was chosen on the original order, we reserve the right to ship backordered items by a downgraded shipping method.
- How long does an item remain in my shopping cart?
If you are logged into your account when you add an item to your cart, we will keep those items in your shopping cart for future browsing every time you are logged into your account.
In addition, if "cookies" are enabled in the browser that you are accessing the site from, our servers will keep track of those items for up to six months or until you remove them from your cart, whether you are logged in or not.
- Can I edit or cancel my order?
It may be possible to cancel an order immediately after it is placed. However, because we always try to process orders and ship them to you as quickly as possible it may not be possible to cancel your order.
Please contact Customer Service department regarding any issues with your order. You may contact us at email@example.com or by calling direct (855) 277‑9400 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (Central), Monday thru Friday.
If your order cannot be changed or canceled in time, you can always choose to return an item after receiving it.
- Are prices guaranteed?
It's not uncommon for people to see a price on our site and say, "That's way too low. It can't possibly be correct!" 99.9% of the time they're looking at an example of one of our many rock bottom, hard-to-believe prices--sometimes as much as 90% off retail! However, it has happened that we have displayed a price that is incorrect. In these rare instances, we must reserve the right to not honor these mistakes as they are the computer equivalent of typographical errors. In the vast majority of cases, prices seen on our site are correct and trustworthy.
- Upon what currency are your prices based?
All prices are charged in U.S. dollars.
- How do I become a retailer?
- Tyndale House Publishers is our distribution partner for all retailer orders. You may apply for a Tyndale retailer account by submitting an inquiry.
- How do I obtain print media review copies?
- You may request review copies by submitting an inquiry.
- Who do I contact for broadcast publicity?
- Radio and TV publicity questions should be submitted by sending us an inquiry.
- Who do I contact for reference/desk copies?
- If you are an educator and wish to request a reference review copy, please submit an inquiry.
- Do you sell or distribute our address info to any organizations?
- We respect your privacy and do not intentionally sell or distribute information regarding our customers to any third party. We may contact you from time to time regarding Tyndale House and NavPress products and services or regarding special offers. You always have the opportunity to opt-out from our mailing lists.
- Tyndale Partner Vendor Affiliate Details:
- As an associate, Tyndale earns from qualifying purchases with the following stores; Amazon, Bookshop.org and ChristianBook.com.
- Am I able to use more than one promo code on a single order?
- At this time, we don’t offer the ability to use more than one promo code on a single order.
- Do promo codes work off the retail price or sale price?
- We offer both! We offer promo codes that work off a retail price or sale price. Discount terms are provided with each promotion.
- How long are promo codes good for?
- Promo codes can range anywhere from one day to a month. Expiration dates are provided with each promotion.
- I applied a promo code to my cart, but not all of the items in my cart received a discount.
- Some promo codes apply a discount to the entire cart, while other promo codes apply only to certain titles available in specific promotions. Terms will be provided with each promotion.
- Do promo codes apply to bulk orders and bulk discounts?
- Promo codes apply on top of bulk discounts and bulk orders when terms allow. Terms will be provided with each promotion.
- I have a question about a promo code.
- We’re happy to help! Please contact Customer Service at 855-277-9400 (M-F 8am to 4:30pm CST) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Most Popular Download FAQs
- My downloads say success, but I can't find them. Where did they go?
If you clicked the product link from confirmation page or through your previous orders, please check your default 'Downloads' folder or another location that you've chosen to save files to in the past.
In any case, you should be able to find these files on your computer by searching for the files by name. In Windows, this can be performed by using the search option on the "Start" button menu, located at the bottom left of your screen. On a Mac, click on the magnifying glass at the top right of your screen to search for your files.
- I don't live in the United States.
Unfortunately, due to license agreements, you must purchase and download content from a location within the 50 United States. Downloads are not available to people living at military addresses, commonwealths, protectorates, or possessions of the United States.
Other Download FAQs
- What are the requirements for purchasing downloads?
- You must set up an account to purchase and access your downloads.
- Due to license restrictions, you must purchase and download content from a location within the 50 United States.
- Your computer must be running either a Windows or Mac operating system.
- How long does it take to download something to my computer?
PDF downloads should be immediate. Note: download times may differ based on your internet speed.
- How do I check my history of past downloads?
You will need to log-in to your account. You can do this by clicking the “Login” option at the top left of the page. If you are already logged in simply click My Account at the top of the page. Once logged in, you can view previous orders under My Orders. Simply select the order number to access your order information.
- Are downloads safe?
All downloads and download technology on our site is virus free and will not harm your computer.
- Are downloads legal?
All downloads that you purchase from us are legal, provided that you adhere to our Terms and Conditions. All of our downloads have been licensed for sale to the general public for personal use. However, due to license restrictions, downloads may only be purchased from a computer located within the United States.
- Can I send a download as a gift to someone?
Unfortunately, you cannot send a download as a gift.
- What do I need to have in order to run Rose Publishing PowerPoint® presentations on my computer?
For the best possible performance, you will need Microsoft PowerPoint® 2001 or higher already installed on your computer.
- Are these just artistic backgrounds?
No, these are ready-to-use PowerPoint® presentations with 80-350 slides including text, photos and illustrations.
- I don’t have Microsoft PowerPoint®, can I view the slides another way?
Microsoft PowerPoint® “Viewer” is available as a free download at Microsoft.com. On the Mac, the Keynote app displays PowerPoint® presentations as well. In addition, there are many free open source applications that will view PowerPoint® presentations. Google Docs is an example.
- Can I view a Rose PowerPoint® Presentation on my smartphone, iPod, iPad or Creative Media player?
iPhone – Yes, there are Apps available for the iPhone that will display PowerPoint® Presentations, search for PowerPoint® on the App Store in iTunes
iPod Photo & the Creative Media Player - You can export the slides as JPEG files from PowerPoint® and view them as a slideshow
iPad - Yes you can use a variety of apps to do this including Keynote, however we cannot guarantee that all our PowerPoint® presentations will run as they were intended to run in PowerPoint®
Smartphones - You can’t actually run your PPT files directly but you can convert your PPTs to an appropriate format such as MP4, a common video format for various mobile device. There are converters available around the web, such as PPTMovie.
- What do I need to have in order to view and print the notes, handouts, booklet, or catalog?
Your computer must have Adobe Acrobat Reader® 4.0 or higher. If you do not have Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® you can download a free copy of the software by following these instructions:
Go to http://get.adobe.com/reader/ Follow the directions as they appear on Adobe's web site to download the Reader. This will allow you to read the worksheets, handouts, and Rose catalog. For technical support, call Adobe at (800) 833-6687.
- I have Microsoft PowerPoint® 2001 or newer, but my presentation still does not work effectively. What do I do?
If this happens, exit out of all programs. Open Microsoft PowerPoint®, and open the Rose presentation by clicking on the File menu, click Open, and select the Rose PowerPoint® presentation.
- Do the Rose PowerPoint® presentations have videos and/or music along with the graphics and information provided?
Currently, Rose PowerPoint® presentations are for teaching use only. They provide the instructor with teacher’s notes, student handouts, and well-researched, informative information along with related paintings, photographs, and illustrations. For this reason, videos and music are not provided.
- Do I need to have an LCD projector in order to show my presentations to the rest of the class?
A LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) projector, projects the image from your computer onto a screen for classroom viewing. For a more inexpensive route, you can display these PowerPoint® presentations on your computer monitor on your television screen by using a PC-to-TV converter. Rose Publishing does not provide either the LCD projector or the PC-to-TV converter.
- I can open the presentation, however, none of the hyperlinks work.
The hyperlinks work only while a slide show is running—not while you are in normal view or slide sorter view. Click the slide show button.
- Will the Rose Publishing PowerPoint® presentation work in my TV's DVD player?
The Rose Publishing PowerPoint® presentations are all on a CD-ROM and will only work in a computer. Currently there are no Rose Publishing slide shows available as DVDs.
- Will my Rose Publishing PowerPoint® presentation work on any kind of computer?
The minimum requirements for PCs are: Windows 7 or newer: Microsoft PowerPoint® 2007 or newer.
The minimum requirements for Macs are: Mac OS 10.12 or newer: Microsoft PowerPoint® 2008 for Macintosh or newer.
- Am I allowed to add my own information to the Rose PowerPoint® presentations?
The Rose Publishing PowerPoint® presentation is copyrighted. You may edit the presentation for face-to-face classroom instruction. You may include Rose slides in your own face-to-face presentations. However, if you wish to duplicate the presentation, email it or post it on a web site, you are required to pay an additional fee. See our PowerPoint® permission page by clicking here or contact Copyright Clearance Center. Keep in mind that editing the Rose PowerPoint® presentation may damage any hyperlinks preprogrammed in the original presentation. Without explicit written permission, sales and/or distribution of your edited version or any presentation that includes Rose slides, will be considered a copyright violation.
- Can I screenshare this PowerPoint® Presentation over Zoom or video chat for my Bible study or sermon?
Yes. With the PowerPoint® presentation and your video chat open, select the "Screen share" or "Present" function (this will depend on your choice of conferencing software or app.) Then select the PowerPoint® window. You may full screen the presentation for best results. For a more indepth step-by-step, visit our tutorial post on our official blog.
- Can I still use my account from the old website?
As a result of our transition to this new website, your old account login, order history, and downloads are not available anymore. If you have any questions about this, our customer service department would be happy to help you. Feel free to email email@example.com. We apologize for the inconvenience and greatly appreciate your support and patience in this exciting change!
Living Reader Ebook/Audiobook Questions
- What is the Living Reader app?
- The Living Reader app is a free application for reading ebooks and listening to audiobooks purchased from HendricksonRose.com. Digital content purchased from HendricksonRose.com can only be consumed using this application, which is available in iOS and Android. Once customers purchase digital content from HendricksonRose.com, they can access it by downloading the Living Reader app and creating an account using the same email address as their Hendrickson Rose purchase account.
- I’ve made my purchase on your site, how do I get my book?
- Thank you so much for your purchase. Visit your carrier’s preferred app store (App Store or Google Play) and search “Living Reader”. Download this app and login with your email to access your purchase.
- Is Living Reader available anywhere other than an app on my phone?
- Yes! You can access your purchase through your computer via the Living Reader app available through the Microsoft Store or by going to following link: https://living-reader.glassboxx.com/auth1.php
- I have a question about my order.
- If you have a question about the order you placed on our site that relates to confirmation of receipt or payment, please reach out to our customer service team. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling direct (855) 277‑9400 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (Central), Monday thru Friday.
If you have a question about your download on the Living Reader App, please reach out to the Living Reader team at email@example.com
- I accidentally ordered an ebook instead of the physical book.
- Please reach out to our customer service team for next steps. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling direct (855) 277‑9400 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (Central), Monday thru Friday.
- I never received my verification email for logging into Living Reader.
- Please check your Spam/Junk folder. This is a common place emails go. If you are still not finding the email, please reach out to email@example.com
- I would like to purchase multiple copies of an ebook. Is that possible?
- For further assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the product and purpose of the purchase. A team member will then be in contact with you about next steps.