California Consumer Privacy Act Notice
Effective as of January 1, 2020
According to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California consumers have the right to knowledge, access, and deletion of their personal information. This section applies if you are a natural person who is a resident of California (“California Consumer”) and uses our services.
In compliance with the CCPA, we are required to present these additional disclosures:
1. Categories of personal information collected. We may have been collecting personal information about you and how you interact with us. This information falls into the following categories as established by the CCPA:
- Identifiers such as your name, alias, address, phone number, or unique personal identifiers such as IP address, cookies, wireless device ID.
- Financial information such as a credit card number. We do collect this information during a transaction but only to pass the data securely to our payment gateway. We do not store your financial information.
- Age, gender, or other protected classifications to help create a consumer profile through a survey.
- Commercial information such as transactional data, purchase history, or delivery information.
- Internet or network activity such as browsing history, browser type and language, content interaction information, content downloads, streams, and playback details
- Geolocation data such as city, state, and zip code associated with your IP address, and with your mobile device settings that help determine the location of your device or computer.
2. Business or Commercial Purposes for which We Collected or Disclosed Personal Information. Personal information that Hendrickson Publishing Group disclosed about customers for a business purpose fall into the following categories as established by the CCPA:
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, and providing analytical services.
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions such as counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance.
- Short-term use including customization of ads shown as part of an interaction
- Data security and fraud prevention for detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious or illegal activity, and prosecuting that activity.
- Repairs and debugging required to improve existing functionality.
- Research and Development initiatives necessary for technological development and demonstration.
- Quality and Safety activities the help us verify or maintain a service or device that is owned, manufactured, or controlled by us to improve, upgrade, or enhance that service.
- Commercial transactions that help us advance the economic interests of Hendrickson Publishing Group through inducing another to buy, join, subscribe to, donate, exchange information, or engage directly or indirectly in a commercial transaction.
3. Categories of Sources from which We Collected Personal Information.
- Directly from you
- From other sources (such as company affiliates and/or business partners; advertising providers; analytics providers; marketers; public databases; consumer data resellers; social media networks; in accordance with your privacy preferences on such services; researchers; payments processors; and surveys).
- Through your use of the services we provide.
4. How We Share and Disclose your Information. We will share the personal information collected from and about you for various business purposes. The following information describes the categories of information we may share with third parties:
|Third Party||Information shared|
|Co-branded Products and Services. In some cases, we may share information with third-party partners to provide co-branded products or services.||Identifiers Commercial Information Internet Data|
|Legal Requirements and Proceedings. We may be required to disclose information to comply with legal obligations to government officials or law enforcement authorities if necessary and appropriate.||All categories|
|Protection of our Services and Users. We may disclose information to protect and defend the rights, interests, and safety of our services when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss.||All categories|
|Business Transfers. We may disclose information in connection with a corporate transaction such as a merger, reorganizations, bankruptcy liquidation, or sale of some or all of our assets.||All categories|
|Advertisers and Ad Networks. Our services may require third-party advertising technologies for the delivery of content and advertising. These applications will collect certain information from your use of our web site services to deliver those advertisements.||Identifiers Commercial Information Internet Data|
|Internet Service Providers. We may share information with the companies that provide us with internet services.||Identifiers Commercial Information Internet Data|
|Data Analytics Providers. We may also share information with companies that provide data analytical services to help us conduct, evaluate, and improve our business.||Identifiers Commercial Information Internet Data|
|Social Networks. We may share information with social networking services for their commercial marketing purposes.||Identifiers|
5. Right to access and disclosure. California consumers have the right to request twice during a twelve-month period, the following information
- Categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- Categories of sources from which we collected the personal information
- Business or commercial purpose for which we collected the personal information
- Categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information
The right to deletion: California residents (or their authorized agent) can request that we delete personal information we have collected from you. You may exercise your CCPA rights by submitting your privacy inquiries here, or by contacting us at 1-800-668-8300. For security purposes, we will verify your identity by requesting certain information from you such as your name and email address. We may need to ask for additional information to verify your identity if we feel your account has been compromised.
Once we have verified your identity, we will describe the type and format of the disclosure and provide the information you requested except where prohibited by law or exempted by CCPA.
6. No sale of personal information.Hendrickson Publishing Group does not sell any personal information of consumers.
7. No Discrimination. Hendrickson Publishing Group will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the CCPA.