The PowerPoint version of Why Trust the Bible allows you to give easy-to-understand answers to tough questions such as: Has the Bible been edited many times over the centuries and now is filled with errors? Are there to many differences between the ancient manuscripts that it is impossible to know what the Bible says? Includes printable worksheets. Slides may be printed as handouts.
- More than 140 "slide" frames
- Printable handouts of each slide
- Includes a time line
- Teach on one part or run the entire presentation
- Enough material for 2-4 hours of teaching
- You can control the timing, speed and order
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2001 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher (to print handouts)
- Pentium III or better
- CD-ROM drive
- Windows requirements: Windows 98, NT 4 SP 6, Me, XP
- Mac requirements: OS 8.5 or higher; PowerPC; G3 or higher
Rose Publishing Product Code: 620X
Increase Confidence in the Reliability of the Bible! This PowerPoint® Version of How We Got The Bible includes more than 100 slides, enough material for several lessons.
This time line of key people and events in the history of the Bible shows ancient writing materials, such as stone and clay tablets, leather scrolls, papyrus, early hand copied books, and more. Features people who gave their lives to translate and print the Bible, including William Tyndale, John Wycliffe, King James, Erasmus, and Johann Gutenberg. Perfect for new Christians as well as long-time believers.
- How the Bible was written
- Early writing materials
- Early Bible Translations
- People who gave their lives bringing us the Bible
- Reasons to believe in the accuracy of Scripture
- Philip W. Comfort, Ph.D., Visiting Professor, New Testament (1986-1996), Wheaton College and Sr. Editor, Bible Reference, Tyndale House Publishers;
- Erroll F. Rhodes, Assistant Director, Bible Study Helps, American Bible Society; John McRay, Ph.D., Professor of New Testament and Archaeology, Wheaton College Graduate school;
- Michael Cochrane, MA Semitic Languages; Lawrence Scrivani, SM
To run these versions of PowerPoint® presentations, you must have Microsoft PowerPoint® 2001 or higher already installed on your computer (this CD does not come with the PowerPoint® application) and Adobe Acrobat® Reader 4.0 or higher (if you wish to print out the handouts), as well as :
Minimum for PC:Pentium III or better
Windows 98, 98 2nd ed., NT®4.0 with Service Pack 6, Windows ME, Windows XP Home or Professional
Minimum for Macintosh:
Mac OS 8.5 or higher
PowerPC ,G3, or higher
This version of the presentation has been tested on U.S. computers only.
Microsoft PowerPoint® and Adobe Acrobat® are registered trademarks of the Microsoft Corporation and Adobe Corp. respectively.
Rose Publishing Product Code: 447X
The PowerPoint® presentation of 100 Proofs for the Bible allows users in churches, Bible studies, and Christian schools to examine 100 key archaeological finds that support the veracity of the Bible, shed light on the culture and customs, and help us understand the people of the Old and New Testaments. Printable worksheets are included. Slide may be printed as handouts.
- King David's Jerusalem (2 Samuel and 1 Chronicles)
- House of David inscription (Dan inscription) first reference to King David found outside the Bible
- Beersheba, the southern boundary of the Promised Land (1 Kings 4:25)
- Damascua, city of Saul's conversion (Acts 9:1-25)
- The Erastus inscription (Romans 16:23) verifies Erastus's existence as a public official in Corinth as the Bible says
- "God Fearers" inscriptions, terms found in Acts 13 and Acts 17 to possibly describe non-Jews who were believers
Rose Publishing Product Code: 621X
Bible Translations Comparison PowerPoint PresentationRose Publishing / 2015 / Compact disc$39.995 Stars Out Of 5 1 ReviewsAvailability: In StockStock No: HN623086
Some translation committees place a premium on adhering as close as possible to the original languages; others want their English to flow as smoothly as possible. Here are historical backgrounds to, and objective comparisons of, the strengths and weaknesses of the top 20 (e.g., KJV, NIV, ESV, NKJV, NASB, NRSV, RSV, CEB). Windows or Macintosh. Rose.
Rose Publishing Product Code: 4089X
The Dead Sea Scrolls discovery is one of the most important finds to confirm that the Bible was translated accurately . This ready-to-use PowerPoint presentation has more than 100 slides that tell the story of how the scrolls were discovered, and shows maps, a time.line, and photos of the caves and scrolls.
This fascinating PowerPoint presentation gives a great overview of the Dead Sea Scrolls and their importance. Written by archaeologist Randall Price, The Dead Sea Scrolls PowerPoint teaches how the scrolls were discovered and why this find matters for us today. Helps clear up misunderstandings. For example, some people believe (wrongly) that the Dead Sea Scrolls were the originals of the Bible.
Includes two full PowerPoint presentations:
- Basic Version for lay people, ages high school through adult (180 slides)
- Advanced Version for graduate and post-graduate scholarship (250 slides)
Contains many photographs of recent finds, illustrations and reconstructions of the Qumran community, time lines of historical events, and maps showing where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.
The Dead Sea Scrolls PPT examines the discovery of the oldest known copies of portions of the Old Testament. These ancient documents confirm the accuracy of modern Bible translations, but what were they doing hidden in caves in Qumran? Who were the people who hid them there? What do these scrolls reveal about Jewish history, the Old and New Testaments and early Christianity? This PowerPoint presentation investigates amazing discovery. Includes a map of the region, a time line, and photos of caves and parchment scrolls.
The presentation covers:
- What we know about the site
- How the scrolls reveal the accuracy of Old Testament Bible translation over the centuries
- What the scrolls reveal about Jewish history
- What the scrolls reveal about early Christianity
- What the scrolls reveal about the New Testament
AUTHOR: J. Randall Price, PhD, author of Secrets of the Dead Sea Scrolls and The Stones Cry Out: What Archaeology Reveals about the Truth of the Bible, is the Director of Excavations at the Qumran Plateau, and is president of World of the Bible Ministries, Inc. Dr. Price gives seminars and is a frequent guest on TV programs. He is an archaeologist, and is also known for speaking on biblical prophecy.
Rose Publishing Product Code: 319X