Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Feasts of the Bible DVD Study?
The 6-Session DVD series is clearly laid out in distinct sessions, each video portion lasting approximately 30 minutes. Allow 30-60 minutes for discussion. These include Sabbath Rest, Passover, Pentecost, Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah), Feast of Tabernacles, and Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur). The series includes both a Participants Guide and a Leader Guide (sold separately).
After each DVD session, small groups can follow along and discuss the relevance of the material presented. These sessions are designed to last 30 – 60 minutes, though some groups may engage in more discussion and further study of Scripture. This study is easy to lead! Any volunteer who is interested in the topic can lead a group. You don't have to be an expert. The DVD does all of the teaching and the discussion questions and insights are right in the participant guide and leader guide. It's fun and interesting…and life-changing!
What is included in each session?
They include a clear and concise description of each Feast of the Bible and how it lays out the redemptive plan of God and finds its fulfillment in Christ. Each session has a 30-minute video session explaining the significance of the feast and how it relates to faith in Jesus.
- Session 1: God's Redemptive Plan, Sabbath
- Session 2: Passover, Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits
- Session 3: Pentecost
- Session 4: Feast of Trumpets
- Session 5: Day of Atonement
- Session 6: Feast of Tabernacles
The Participant Guide provides an outline of the central points, supporting Scriptures from the Old and New Testaments, diagrams, charts, dozens of photos, and definitions of key terms or words. The Participant Guide offers a list of discussion questions to start and maintain group discussion for each session. For those who want to dig deeper, each session includes Key Bible Verses under the heading, "Get into God's Word" which support the focus of the session. Each study concludes with a "Stop and Pray," an opportunity for participants to put what they learn into practice, and "Think about It" an overview of the study supported by Scripture and Reflection Questions.
The Leader Guide is designed to make it easy for small group leaders to tackle the discussion and keep it on course. It is a step-by-step guide for preparing for a group and is accompanied by a Checklist of items needed for each session. The Leader Guide includes clearly defined timelines, Reflection Questions, and suggested prayers for ending a session.
- You will discover that Sabbath is more than a day off and that God intended it as the beginning of dwelling in relationship with us.
- That there is an amazing amount of revelation and insight in such simple things like how unleavened bread applies to our spiritual life.
- The unveiling of the Lamb throughout the Bible.
- How Jesus fulfills the celebration of First fruits, which points to the resurrection. How the Feast of Pentecost is about the sanctification or ongoing making pure of God's people as well as the outpouring of His power. When Acts 1:8 says we shall be witnesses it is about revealing God to others in our how transformation.
- How the Feast of Trumpets is about gathering God's people for the Fulfillment of His plans. The Day of Atonement, which is for all Israel and all peoples to be made right with God who is King of the Universe.
- How the Feast of Tabernacles is a celebration of God's provision for His people and its place in the Mount of transfiguration recounted in the Gospels.
- How the Feast of Hanukkah is revealed in full as we place our faith in Jesus. How the account of Ester's victory through God's favor on His people in the greatest struggle is indeed a great cause for celebration and perseverance in faith.
What perspective does the DVD take on the relevance of the Feasts of the Bible today?
The feasts are a clear sign of God's redemptive program for mankind. The six sessions start with Sabbath Rest, the beginning point in God's plan and how we are to relate to God the Father. The Sabbath is a public testimony of God's redemptive work. Likewise, the Passover points us toward the perfect sacrificial Lamb of God. In Pentecost we see God giving of the law and later giving of the Holy Spirit. The Feast of Trumpets, in part, points the way to the Kingship and sovereignty of God. Truth, not tradition, we are reminded is needed for the human soul. The Day of Atonement reminds us of our inability to save ourselves and the seriousness of sin which separates us from God. Finally, the Feast of Tabernacles shows us that God is looking to restore lost humanity. It is a time of great rejoicing and in gathering.
This study is easy to lead! Any volunteer who is interested in the topic can lead a group. You don't have to be an expert. The DVD does all of the teaching and the discussion questions and insights are right in the participant guide and leader guide. It's fun and interesting…and life-changing!